Click here to view our July 2014 Newsletter. Happy Fourth of July!
Click here to view our June 2014 Newsletter.
Many events coming up this month! Click on the May 2014 newsletter!
Logo contest! Deadline June 10, 2014. Read the newsletter to find out more details.
News on recent Deaf Nation Expo
Deaf Parisian Wine and Cheese party: May 30, 2014
Deafhood 101 class: June 2-6, 2014
KAD picnic: June 28, 2014
NAD Conference: July 1-5, 2014
Deaf Awareness week: Sept 20-27, 2014
The DeafNation Expo that was held on Saturday, April 5, 2014 was successful. KAD had an exhibition booth and people came by and bought raffle tickets for eight (8) nice items (to support 2015 Conference fund) which was also successful. Please view this video – enjoy!
Many events coming up this month! Click on the April 2014 newsletter!
Enjoy reading the March 2014 newsletter!
Happy Valentine! Enjoy reading the February 2014 newsletter!
Check out the flyer or read below.
Why is joining KAD member so important?
Come and motivate yourselves to be involved!!!
To KAD members in good standing, there are two (2) vacant
positions: Secretary and Youth Coordinator.
If you are interested to be candidate for either position, please
come to the Board Meeting and share your experiences.
For more information on these two positions, please email:
KAD President Ann Cooper, email: COOJA@aol.com
Please join the KAD Board at the regular Board Meeting
WHEN: Saturday, January 25, 2014
TIME: 9:00am until 3:00pm
LOCATION: Olathe Club of the Deaf
221 South Chestnut, Olathe, KS 66061
Kansas Association of the Deaf and Kansas Association of Interpreters-Registery Interpreters for the Deaf are thrilled to announce that they will be hosting 2015 KAD/KAI-RID Conference in June 2015 (specific dates will be announced later). The conference will occur in Kansas City, KS metro area.
Both organizations are now searching for motivated people to be involved on our committee in planning for this huge conference. To be qualified to be one of the committee, you’re required to be member of either KAD or KAI-RID.
Please see below for list of 10 positions with descriptions and if you are interested in one of these position, please email to Lorrie Shank, KAD Conference, at email@example.com with your resume. Deadline to send resume is February 8, 2014.
KAD Chairperson is also looking for someone to be registration chaiperson for KAD Conference (KAI-RID will have their own registration chairperson). If interested, please contact Lorrie Shank at firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Public Relations
• Focus work on all aspects of media whether it is print media (newsletters) or electronic media (website or e-groups)
• Advertisements for program book
• Social Media
2) Interpreter Coordinator
• Actively recruit and appropriate number of conference interpreters.
• Receive, process and decide on the approval of completed conference interpreter applications.
• Work with the Chairpersons to ensure that conference interpreters are coordinated per the needs of the conference.
• Assign duties to, and clearly communicate all expectations of conference interpreters before, during, and after the conference.
• Work with the treasurer to ensure correct and timely payment of conference interpreters
3) Fundraising Chair
• Establish annual fundraising goals
• Explore non-traditional and innovative ways to raise money
• Coordinate and publicize events to collect monies with which to achieve established goals
4) Professional Development Chair
• Coordinate with workshop chairs and/or publicize workshops
• Consider the diverse needs of members throughout the state, of all levels of interpreting skill
• Explore non-traditional and innovative ways to provide professional development opportunities to interpreters and deaf/hard-of-hearing people
5) a. CEUs (preferred KAI-RID member)
~Coordinate with RID for CEUs for all workshops
~Coordinate with Conference Ambassadors
6) b. Workshop Coordinator (one each organization)
~Explore for presenters to give workshop
~Coordinate with presenters for AV equipments
7) c. Webmaster
~Create and maintain website for 2015 KAD/KAI-RID Conference
~Create and maintain Guidebook App (program book)
8) d. Audio-Visual Coordinator
~Coordinate with Workshop Coordinators and Booth Coordinators
~Set up AV equipments if needed
~Coordinate with hotel (AV equipment, WiFi access) through Chairperson
9) Exhibition Booth Coordinator
• Coordinate and publicize booth spaces to vendors
• Coordinate with vendors in setting up during conference
• Coordinate with Audio-Visual Coordinator
10) Entertainment Coordinator
• Explore for entertainers to give performance that applies to both interpreters and deaf people
• Coordinate with entertainers for lodging, setting up for performances (stage needs)
Happy New Year! Enjoy reading the January 2014 newsletter!